Saturday, June 17, 2017

All of the following statements, when made by an elder client, indicate successful achievement of ego integrity except.. I wish I could change some of the things I’ve done



All of the following statements, when made by an elder client, indicate successful achievement of ego integrity except:
a. I think I’ll volunteer at the library a couple days a week
b. I wish I could change some of the things I’ve done
c. I think I’ll take a ceramic class at the senior center
d. I would like to help people learn to read

Answer B. Ego Integrity versus Despair is the final stage of Erikson’s psychosocial development. An indication of despair or self-disgust is manifested by the elder believing life has been too short and futile or that they want a chance to redo life. Statement B is consistent with despair. Signs of ego integrity are manifested by statements or tasks that bring together all the previous phases of the life cycle. Manifestations of successful ego integrity mastery include activities such as volunteering at the library (the elder believes they still have something to offer), continued learning (those in ego integrity remain creative), and assisting others (helping people learn to read is still contributing to society).